Prevention Works AR is a source of Arkansas drug and alcohol abuse data, tools and available resources offered by the Division of Behavioral Health Services (DBHS), Arkansas Department of Human Services and MidSOUTH Center for Prevention and Training. We support data dissemination and prevention outreach efforts of the Arkansas State Epidemiological Outcomes Workgroup and Arkansas Archival Risk Factors. This workgroup provides a forum for the policymakers, researchers and community representatives to have a data-driven exchange of ideas in order to effectively and efficiently utilize prevention resources.
AFMC serves as the analytic and advisory agent on the workgroup, which includes members from the Arkansas Department of Health, regional prevention providers, Arkansas Department of Education, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, tobacco coalitions, alcohol coalitions, schools and colleges, and other invited members of the community. The resources provided by DBHS and AFMC allow community members to make data-driven decisions for effective preventive programs in their communities.
In order to sustain that coordinated effort, the prevention section of the Division of Behavioral Health Services funds:
- Thirteen Regional Prevention Providers. For more information see, PREVENTION SERVICES DIRECTORY
- UALR MidSouth Center for Prevention and Training. For more information, see www.midsouth.ualr.edu
- Arkansas Prevention Certification Board. For more information, see www.arkprevention.com
- Arkansas Prevention Needs Assessment. For more information, see www.arkansas.pridesurveys.com
- Archival Risk Factors and State Epidemiological Workgroup. For more information, see www.preventionworksar.com (description about the website is listed below)
How can we help you?
Subscribe to our newsletter,
get involved or request assistance!